Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Snack on the Stadium

With bowl week upon us, I felt it "important" to re-publish October's Snack Stadiums post.  Snack Stadiums strike me as the uber-appropriate addition to a holiday gameday party.  Whip one up in the next couple weeks or start planning for a Super Bowl Snack Stadium.  Enjoy!


You are going to love this gallery of football stadiums made of 
enough food for the entire party.  Holy Taco gives you the instructions to 
create this beauty, complete with the dip field.  Click here for the instructions.




Now this is the time I should let you know that there is an entire website 
dedicated to these pieces of edible art/architecture/engineering feat.  
www.snackadium.com.  I am not making this up!  
Here's what you'll see over there:





www.snackadium.com

and Snackadium.com gave us a glimpse of a Canadian snack stadium.
Canadians are our football friends.
They love the sport and football is football.  Soccer is not football.  Soccer is soccer.




Here is one with sandwiches: 




Now this is the king of all snack stadiums.  
You must head over to the LA Times Food Oddities blog to see 
all of the pictures of this beast.



But just so you can see a little close-up before you see the 
twinkie cars and sausage men for yourself:


Wow!  While I don't expect most men to want to construct decorated and detailed food items, something tells me a man might actually like to build a snack stadium.  Here's how it would be transported:






If you've made a snack stadium, contact me!  I want to see.